Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Random Thoughts ...

Not that I have any other kind of thought the majority of the time, it is just that sometimes I like to warn people that my thoughts are random. These random thoughts get me in trouble occasionally, like when I am preaching and I share a random thought that pops into my head. That has led to my wife usually sitting in back of the church when I am preaching.

*What's with this weather? I had to scrape off the window of my car when I went outside after a lunch meeting today. I can take the fickleness of the Midwestern weather as well as the next person, but on April 11 this just shouldn't be, especially since it has been this way for a week!

*I love my wife. This summer we will celebrate 32 years of marriage. She is awesome. She is going to have extra layers of jewels on her crown in heaven just for being married to me for that long. When she checks into heaven and they notice who she was married to, they are going to say "c'mon in and rest honey, we it hasn't been easy for you up until now."

*My newest grandson is growing like crazy. He is way up the chart on the whole percentile thing Doctors use to measure kids. It will be a little while before I see him again, but my daughter and son-in-law have sent some pictures. He looked like a little guy, not an infant, in his Easter outfit. (Enjoy it for now mom, because it won't be long before he won't want you to call anything he wears "an outfit".)

*The pants I have on today change color depending on how the light hits them.

**We are going on a week's vacation in about 2 and a half weeks. I can't wait, well I can wait I just wish I didn't have to wait. This year I am going to try and take all of my vacation time, something I haven't done in many years.

*I am blessed by a rich family heritage. From my parents, to grandparents, to aunts and uncles, and even my cousins. There are great memories and even greater blessings from them all.

*Being a pastor has its ups and downs. Fortunately the ups are so much greater and impacting than the downs.

*Winter can't last much longer, can it?

*I lost my first week of fantasy baseball.

*God has great things in store for our church if we will really embrace His vision and give ourselves to His will. We have had some wonderful contacts and opportunities recently to really impact our community.

*He is risen! He is risen indeed!

* I have a church board meeting tonight. This will make 6 straight Wednesday nights that I have had a meeting after church on a Wednesday. (Did I mention vacation in 2 and a half weeks?)

*I am excited for the future.

Here's hoping you have something to look forward to, and that you believe the future will be exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home