Thursday, September 14, 2006

Off Again ...

I am heading off to Kentucky this morning for a Men's Retreat. We will actually be on 3 houseboats on Lake Cumberland. There is a group of over 30 guys, mostly from our church, who will be making the trip. It should be fun. Though after just having gotten home from vacation another trip might not be the best timing. That is the workaholic in me speaking. I will be giving the devotionals for the trip and am looking forward to this time of sharing. There will be some fishing, some skiing, some jet skiing, some tubing and just relaxing. Come to think of it, maybe this is perfect timing.

My biggest issue is missing another Sunday. That will be two in a row. I have not done that very often in my 23 years of ministry. I probably should have done it more, but haven't. You see, I love my church, I love my ministry, I love preaching, teaching, etc... So the thought of missing the majority of my congregation for a second week in a row is tough. I guess that is a good thing, it just doesn't feel like this morning.

Well, gotta run. We are to leave at 7, and it is 6:50, of course around here that usually means I have another 20 to 25 minutes. But maybe the promise of 4 days away to do all the fun stuff and share with just the guys will get everyone here on time. Just in case, I better go see. Have a great weekend, I will blog again on Monday.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Suffering for Jesus on a houseboat on Lake Cumberland? Yep, that's tough...

;^)

I'll be praying for you and the guys this weekend

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger kris said...

Have fun dad! I am imagining the houseboat smelling a little like my lobby after open dorms-hee hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home