Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back from vacation

The phrase, "I am back from vacation is a loaded phrase". You run the danger of having all the good relaxing undone by the mountain of email, snail mail, voice mail and people who have just been waiting for you to come back. You run the risk of having someone say, "Oh, I didn't know you were gone." You run the risk of wanting to run back to your vacation spot within 24 hours of getting home.

We were greeted with some stuff in our fridge needing to be thrown out, because our power was off for a while, at least I think that is why. I had 592 emails waiting, I have to increase my spam blocker. The church's projector and power point got connected while we were gone and it was used on Sunday. We are officially out of the 1970's! Sunday services went well in our absence, I love hearing this. (That is more than I can say for the church we visited. I am sure there will be a post on that some time.) Found out at 11:15 last night that my Associat Pastor is in the hospital, apparently some bad reaction to poison ivy. Gotta go see him in a little bit. One of the emails informed me that a 37 year old gal from a former pastorate died over the weekend. Cancer got another one. I did her wedding. Hope to make it to visitation tonght to give a hug to her husband. Nothing bad in the pile of mail that was waiting. Our pictures turned out great.

Our vacation for awesome. It was the most relaxing time that I, and Jody, can ever recall. Thanks to all who prayed for us. Our cottage was a quaint thing that was perfect. The front screened in porch was 10 feet from the lake. We had spectacular weather. Northern Michigan is a beautiful. In particular Frankfort and the surrounding area are full of beautiful stuff. We fished a lot, didn't catch a lot, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I even got a lot of exercise because we had the use of a rowboat. Didn't have an alarm clock for a whole week. I could go on and on.

Much to be done today. To quote from "Smokey and the Bandit", I have a long way to go and a short time to get there".

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Glad you had a great time....and good to see you back posting...good luck catching up!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger kris said...

Imagine-vacations relax people. I mean dad you may be on to something here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home