Friday, September 01, 2006

Family Times ...

I love times with family. I spoke with my brother last night for a while, and spoke with my Dad some today, that is special because we rarely see each other, living 12 hours apart and not having schedules that match very well. Tonight some of my kids and grandkids are arriving for a short visit and tomorrow the rest of my kids will arrive. For at least most of a day we will all be together. That will mean lots of smiles, much laughter, eating, playing games, eating, talking, thinking about how fortunate I am, eating and more laugther.

I love my family. I love hearing them and hearing from them. I love picture of them and emails from them. I love being with them and I especially love knowing that they are all living for the Lord.

So here's to family. If you are in southern Michigan and hear some extra laughter this weekend, don't worry it is just my family and we are okay.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Denny,

Thanks for the feedback...your one about the lady at the race made me LOL! And I agree about the family...I take for granted that all of mine on both sides lives less than an hour away, and all but one within 8 miles. The older I get, the more I appreciate those times....and I'm sure it just gets better with age. Have a great vacation, my friend, and enjoy them and yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home