Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday mornings are interesting moments for a pastor. There is the satisfaction of having gone through another Sunday. There is the fatigue of having gone through another Sunday. There is the frustration (sometimes this first in line) of having gone through another Sunday. There is the replay of everything that happened on Sunday. There is the evaluation of everything that happened on Sunday. There is the "what if" of what could have happened on Sunday, including all of your "regulars" (I can't decide if I like the in quotes things or not, so for today I will use it and see what happens) that were gone.

Monday mornings are often difficult times for Pastors but they are also times to reflect and enjoy what has been. This Monday morning was one of the good ones. Okay technically I writing this on Monday evening, and part of the reason it is a good one is because of somethings that happened later in the day. I had the thrill of meeting with two different people who are interested in being baptized and I got to hear their personal testimonies. What a thrill! I met with the mom of a youth who has recently begun attending and had some questions. This was my first meeting with this mom and what a blast to help someone who wasn't expecting it and is still trying to figure out why you would listen. Also, the reflection from this past Sunday was good, as we saw people seeking help and heard their cries as God met with them and saw the smiles afterward.

This was a good Monday. Thanks for reading. Here's hoping your next Monday, whenever your "Monday" is (I realize that for most of you your "Monday" may be on a different day depending on your circumstances), goes well.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger nic said...

A blogger at last! Great first post, and being someone who has resided in a pastor's home all my life, I know what you mean. :)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger kris said...

Yeah for your blog dad! You totally win!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Denny,

Glad to see you're doing it too!! I've been reading different ones for a while, and I must admit, it's cathartic to get these thoughts out of my head and onto something.....I'll keep it bookmarked....keep it up, my friend, and keep swinging...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home