Monday, September 04, 2006

Here's Family & Vacations ...

As my previous post states I love being with family. This past weekend was a special time as we had all of our kids and grandkids with us for a while. Great times of a family kickball game in the back yard, games of Rook (especially fun since I won 2 of them), a couple of birthday celebrations, laughing with and at each other, smiling constantly watching the grandkids, getting beaten at video games by my oldest grandson and so much more. As my buddy Rob had on his post this morning, "it just doesn't get any better than this".

I was blessed with special gifts on my birthday (they just keep coming no matter what so I might as well enjoy them) and one in particular was a video tape of my grandkids telling about themselves and me. One of the funniest parts was when they were trying to describe what I look like. They are very observant little people.

Vacation begins in about half an hour. A week on a lake up north with my wife. To fish, sleep, read, relax, play games and do a little sightseeing. Can't wait, so I better get going. I don't know that I will have internet access at the cabin, so I will likely not post for a week. So have a great week, I know I will.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Enjoy it, my friend...have a great week and recharge those batteries...see ya!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kindra said...

First I have to say....why would you not tell me that you had your own blog?! I mean, I know you had created a blog name but thought it was used solely for posting comments on others pages! I am a little disappointed that I am just now catching up on your posts. Now I really feel like I should jump on the bandwagon and start my own blogging. After all, we all know that I have the most things to say and let's face it...I am probably the most entertaining one in our bunch! I would also like to point out that the only reason I didn't win at Rook was because we play stupid call your partner and I always seem to get called and then hear those horrible words, "sorry partner".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home