Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Vacation and Vacating ...

Is it possible to take a vacation without vacating? I don't think so. I believe you must either vacate your normal location, or you must vacate your vocation mentally and emotionally. I find it difficult to vacate my vocation, being a pastor, mentally and emotionally unless I am in a different location. Am I alone in this?

As a pastor it always takes me a while to unwind when I go on vacation. I cannot disengage mentally and emtionally quickly. That is why last summer when we were able to get away for 2 weeks in a row, in a different place, it was a great vacation. I really relaxed. I don't think I ever completely disengage emotionally, but I am able after a few days to turn down the flame and move the emotions to the back burner.

So does this mean that vacation is more about a mindset than it is about a place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home