Sunday, February 21, 2010

Monday Morning Musings ... Early

I must leave before 5:30 in the morning to head to an all day meeting and will not get back home until about this time tomorrow evening. Therefore, I will do my musings tonight.

I was struggling with my own emotions today. I had to work really hard to drop some stuff from my mind as worship began today. The Lord really helped, otherwise I don't think I could have gotten through the message.

The time during the music went well, people were engaged on a couple of the songs. Our attendance was the lowest I can remember in a very long time, not really sure why. I began a new series of message today entitled "The Lies We Believe". It began in the Garden of Eden when the serpent lied to Eve and she believed it and acted on the lie. Adam then believed it and acted on the lie as well. I have been processing a statement I recently heard, "Behind every sin is a lie that is believed".

There are many lies that we have believed and acted on. "It's okay everyone is doing it." "If you loved me you would ..." "What harm could come from just trying it?" "Nothing bad can happen." "You deserve it." "You did something to cause this problem." "God doesn't really love you." "No one will ever find out." Just to name a few.

What lies are people around you believing?

In Titus 3, verses 3 through 8 we are reminded of the fact that we were deceived. The result of the deception was that we were enslaved, that we were hated and hated others. But the great contrast is shown in verses 4 & 5, "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us ..." How awesome is that? The kindness and love of God appeared! What a contrast, deception and enslavement versus God's kindness and love.

God wants us to stress His love and kindress in all we do. What are you stressing in your life? What are you telling people? What are you living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home