Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Big Problem ...

This morning during my conference a speaker said "A great problem in the church is the perpetual immaturity of believers".

Do you see this where you are? After nearly 27 years of ministry I believe the statement to be true of most churches. If it were not true we would see more churches making a difference in their communities. We would see more churches reaching people with the compassion of Christ. We would see more churches really serving those around them. We would see more churches filled with people whose lives were being changed by Jesus Christ. We would see more churches filled. We would not see the fighting, fussing and feuding we see in too many churches and between too many churches. I could go on but I think you see why I believe the statement to be true.

The speaker also said that "one (sign) of immaturity is the fear of commitment". Do you see this where you are? I see it a lot. People fearful to commit to much of anything other than being served or pampered. People whose commitment could be summed up "I will unless something I prefer becomes available, or unless I am too tired or unless I just don't want to be around those people".

The truth of being a follower of Jesus Christ is that maturity and commitment matter. For you see there is no such thing as a part-time disciple. But I see many people who are attempting to live as part-time disciples.

Lord, keep guiding me to grow in my faith, my commitment and desire to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home