Sunday, January 03, 2010

I Failed ...

I failed this morning. When it was time to preach the message I failed, fortunately God didn't fail. He came through big time. I was very burdened for the message this morning. I had been overwhelmed as I sensed God's direction this week. He redirected me on Thursday and Friday, after I thought I was nearly finished with the message. That is always exciting and usually creates a large burden, this one was larger than normal. I wanted so much to communicate the burden and direction of the message that I was literally overwhelmed as I prayed and prepared the past couple of days. Then this morning came and the burden increased, and as I saw people arriving it increased even more.

I will write more about the service and the message in my Monday Morning Musings, but I certainly felt that I failed. But God didn't fail, he never does. He showed up in a big way and did what I couldn't do even it had done well. I love it when that happens.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I am looking forward to reading about the morning. Just think, without your "failure" there is a good chance nothing would have happened this morning.
When I am weak, He is strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home