Monday, December 07, 2009

Monday Morning Musings ...

Yesterday was a fun day. It was also a very good day in the life of the church. Our children did their Christmas program as a part of our worship service. They did a great job and really showed the Christmas story well. I was very proud of how they did. I shared briefly after they finished. I continued my "Songs of Christmas" look at the Christmas story. This week I contrasted "Jingle Bells" and "Joy to the World". A look at the noise of Christmas versus the news of Christmas. I also commented that the children told the Christmas story while wearing Nikes and Skechers. What a great picture of the meaning of Christmas. It is an event that took place over 2,000 years ago but is still as true today as ever. It is still relevant and life changing today. How awesome is that?

It was great to see so many parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles of our children in attendance. There were several in attendance who do not normally attend church anywhere and they got to see and hear the Christmas story. It doesn't get any better than that now does it?

In the evening the kids had a birthday party for Jesus, and it sounded as if they had a great time in their celebration. I spoke briefly and prayed to begin a tree lighting service for the local Hospice organization, then I came and taught my parenting class. We looked at ways to make Christmas meaningful in our families. Then my wife and I met with one of our young families and talked for a while. It was a very encouraging day.

Here's hoping you are finding ways to bring the truth of Christmas into your everyday life.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
keep doing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home