Saturday, December 05, 2009

Lift your head up ...

As I have documented in other posts I have been dealing with back pain, the past 2 months have been an interesting ordeal. Besides trying to get the back to stop hurting I am trying to be aware of everything and learn any lessons that I should learn from all of this stuff. One of the stretches that I do every day, actually I go through 2 sessions of stretches each day, is a unique stretch. At least it is not a stretch I have ever done before going into therapy for my back. I lay on the floor face down, then push my upper body off the floor. I am to keep my lower body on the floor and even try to push my stomack onto the floor while pushing my upper body as far as I can off the floor.

I don't like this stretch. When I first started I couldn't arch my back up very far, I have made some good progress but I still don't like this stretch. When I first started doing this one the physical therapist would remind me to lift my head up because that added to the stretch. I have found that to be a good reminder when doing this stretch. I keep telling myself to lift my head up as I do this one.

I started thinking today that I should give myself this reminder a lot more, not because I want to do this stretch more, but becasue I am realizing it is a good thing in all of my life. Keep my head up and be encouraged. Keep my head up and see what is around me. Keep my head up and see what God is doing. Keep my head up and see the needs around me. While stretching if I don't keep my head up I am not getting the full impact. In life if I don't keep my head up I tend to focus only on myself and I don't make any impact on the world around me.

Are you keeping your head up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home