Friday, November 27, 2009

Profits

Today is commonly referred to as "Black Friday" in the retail world as they stores hope to sell enough stuff to put them in the black for the year. It is a big day and understandably important for those who need to make a profit from selling stuff.

I prefer my profit margin. I was sitting here checking email and filling out my fantasy football lineup while watching and listening to my grandkids playing and conversing with my kids when it hit me. This is one of my profits in life. Time with family, expressing love, spending time together especially when I realize they all love the Lord. I would call that pretty profitable.

In the next couple of days I will add to my profits. We will play some more games, we will talk, we will laugh, I will get some hugs and kisses from the grandkids, we will talk about the future, we will tell stories of the past, we will eat, we will pray and we will generally and genuinely enjoy being with each other. That is a profit margin that the economy cannot take away.

So what do you consider profitable? What matter most to you? What are you communicating to those closest to you about your profit margins?

Here's hoping you have a profitable weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home