Thursday, October 22, 2009

Distracted ...

I have thought about distractions a lot recently. Mainly because I realized how much I have allowed myself to be distracted of late. It seems that many things have jumped up to distract me from getting some things accomplished in a timely fashion. Many who know me are aware that I have a tendency to procrastinate on paperwork. The truth is “tendency” is a kind way of saying that normally I procrastinate on any type of paperwork or report. Don’t know why, it has been true for as long as I can remember.

What I have been processing recently is the what and the why of things I allow to become a distraction. I can be distracted by a noise, a smell, a game on the computer, an email, a phone call, someone stopping by, thirst, hunger pangs, random thoughts, just to name a few.
I have realized that the what of my distractions is not difficult to identify. I am wrestling with the why of my distractions.

I will post again soon with some further thoughts as to the whys.
How about you? What distracts you from doing what you know needs to be done? Or, are you one of those annoying people who rarely gets distracted? If you are one of those please don’t respond, I don’t like you. Just kidding, sort of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home