Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Comes with the territory ...

Every place, whether it is location, job, career, family or team, has certain things that just come with the territory. I usually use that term to describe things that I might not enjoy but that need to be done or endured given where you live or work. Some of them you get so used to that you don't think about them until someone new comes along and is surprised by said things. That is when you look at them knowingly and with a bit of a smirk say "Welcome to _____________, that just comes with the territory around here."

So what are your "comes with the territory" items?


1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Kindra said...

Catching puke in your hands as it comes shooting out at you, after your 2yr old has eaten something he found on the floor that apparently looked appetizing!

When trying to get sympathy from others with my sad story, I've heard things similar to "Welcome to motherhood!". Seems I've heard that phrase a bit too much lately & I am NOT amused with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home