Friday, July 04, 2008

Thanks for Freedom

Today is the day set aside on our calendar to celebrate our freedom as a country and people. So I say thanks to all of those who have served, and are serving, in our military. Thanks for your sacrifices and for your willingness to serve and to give for the freedoms we enjoy and too often take for granted. Thanks to your families as well for the struggles they endure so you can serve in this way. Thanks also to those who have given their very lives so we can enjoy the freedom that has been ours throughout the years. Thanks again to those families of those who gave their lives serving, your sacrifices are greater than I can express. Those I have known, who have given their lives, have reminded me of how real the fight is and how devastating the losses are for those left behind.

Thanks also to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for your sacrifice that enables me to have forgiveness of sins and freedom in serving you.

Lord, help to remember those who have gone before me and sacrificed so much. Help me to keep praying for those who are serving today. Help me to be grateful for the freedoms I have, as an American and a child of God. Help me not take for granted any of these freedoms.

Encourage someone today, with your words, thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home