Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. I wrote recently about my Dad and what a great Dad he is and the legacy he is leaving as he lives his life. Dad just turned 80, I know that he has had a lot physical problems in the past several years, but I still think of my Dad as somewhat invincible. I am blessed to have a Dad that cares, that loves me and my family, to have a Dad that loves the Lord, to have a Dad that I can still talk to about life stuff and to have a Dad whose example I want to follow.

Today our church is going to have our Father's Day worship at the local city park. We will worship, preach and everything outside (provided it doesn't rain) Then we will have a "manly" BBQ. We will have burgers, brats, dogs, beans, chips and watermelon. No salads, no casseroles, no fluffy stuff and no need to ask what anything is before you eat. We will have several games to play and plan to have a big whiffleball game at the end. We are trying something different. I love to do that, but also know that it has the potential for being a flop. But hey, you might as well go for it right? If it works what a blast and if it bombs we will have a story to tell for a long time. But at least we are trying.

Here's hoping this is a great Father's Day for you. No matter what, remember that your heavenly father loves you!

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kindra said...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD! We love you!!!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger nic said...

happy father's day. what, no skeet shooting? you will no longer be able to wear the label "redneck" in our family...

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I had a nice fathers day, my kids were all home. Your church sounds great, I hope your Sunday was an event worth repeating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home