Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tough night

Yesterday was difficult. I got a call informing me that an older member of our church had fallen and was in the hospital about5 40 minutes away. My wife and I went and visited, the member is being monitored closely since they passed out, fell and hit their hit hard. They were in reasonable spirits but had some significant restrictions for a while. I went straight to the funeral home for the visitation for the 15 year who died in the house fire (see earlier posts) on Saturday. Wow, that was tough. Long line, many students, many tears and a lot stunned people. All expected, but still tough. I can't really imagine the emotions the parents and family feels. Talked with a few students through the tears.

I then came right to church to finish getting ready for our Wednesday night church activities. I checked my emails and found out that another of our church members' father died suddenly while I was gone. Wow!

Got ready, did my Bible Study, talked with people after the Bible Study, called the member who lost their father, went to a meeting and got home about 9:45 pm.

A lot of emotions, a lot of questions and not a lot of sleep.

Keep praying. Will be attending the private funeral for the 19 year old who died in the fire this afternoon.

Keep praying for these families. Wow!

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

I still can't think of a sadder week. We have experienced smiler circumstances and comfort is usually on short supply. The years will be unkind for these families, I pray they find peace and you find the ability to share in their loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home