Sunday, June 01, 2008

Strength

This has been a week for extra strength, spiritually, emotionally and physically. It will be needed even more today and tomorrow. Our culture seems to be obsessed with strength. The airwaves and print media are peppered with ads for all kinds of performance enhancing supplements and equipment. The sports world has been rocked in recent years and months with all kinds of scandals regarding illegal supplements for improving or maintaining strength.

This week has been an "in your face" reminder that my strength is not sufficient. The good news, however is that God does have the strength and he desires for us to use his strength to make it. This week has not been done on my own and the next two days won't work if I try to do it on my own. I am always grateful for the reality of people praying for me, but this week has been a time of desperation for those prayers.

Thanks for all the help. Remember to pray for the families of those who have lost loved ones. Not just for now, but in the coming weeks and months as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home