Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday Morning Musings ...

Yesterday was a difficult day. It was difficult because my stupid cold came back over the weekend, which means living with a cough drop in my mouth, even while preaching. It was difficult because last night was the community memorial service for the two young people who died last week and I shared in that service. It was difficult because the point of the sermon was on forgiving yourself. It was difficult because the service just seemed flat to me, especially my part of the sermon. It was difficult because there were some distractions that were really messing with my head.

With all of that said, there were some really positive things about yesterday. We did deal with a difficult topic, one many people don't even want to think through or admit. There appears to have been some significant thinking taking place in many people in spite of how I felt about the message. There was the positive of people really hanging around and talking with each other for quite a while after the service. There was the positive of good attendance for the first Sunday of June. There was the positive of seeing healing taking place during the memorial service in the evening.

Next Sunday we are continuing on forgiveness. This time it is about forgiving those who have hurt us. Not an easy one either.

Off to another funeral visitation and to preach a funeral. After that and the funeral dinner I am meeting with a young couple about dedicating their baby. Talk about both ends of the spectrum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home