Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here We Go again ...

Yesterday was the beginning of another volleyball season. It is my 4th as varsity coach at our local high school following 1 year as the JV coach. It is has been a wild and fun ride so far. I have enjoyed it tremendously and love working super youth who work really hard. They crack me up often and they frustrate often as well. I have learned a lot in the few years. This will be a really different season this year. Last year 6 Senior graduated who were freshmen my first season. Yesterday was the first time I have coached without any of those 6 playing for me. It seemed a little odd. They will be missed, but I am really excited for this season. We have a lot of adjusting to do in many people playing different roles this year. But that is the fun of coaching, trying to figure all of that out and get them to believe and work together.

I am really looking forward to this year and if our first practice was any indication this is a group that really wants to learn, to work hard and play together as a team. I was encouraged by much of what I saw. It may be a little rocky at the beginning as we all adjust to the changes and the fact that 2 players are currently out with illness and injury. One will be back in 2 weeks, we hope, and the other not for another 6 weeks it appears. So we will dig in and work really hard in the mean time.

This is a very busy time of the year for me as volleyball begins and we head into fall programming at church. Also, I have a new Associate who will begin at the end of August. It is a time of year where most days start earlier and end later than normal. Well, I am not sure about that because I am not sure what normal is, outside of a setting on a clothes dryer that is.

So here is to busy schedules, here is to new roles, here is to working great kids, here is to seeing God doing great things, here is to another season of life and here is to enjoying life. Here we go again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home