Sunday, January 23, 2011

2010 Highlights ...

Thanksgiving and Christmas were special times this year. They were special because we were able to spend time with all of our kids and grandkids. We have great times whenever we get together. There is always a lot of laughing, teasing, game playing and some story telling. What really makes these events highlights for me is that I don't take for granted getting everyone together. With 3 of us involved in pastoral ministry, with the grandkids getting older and just the busyness of life it is special whenever we are all able to be together.

We don't all live near each other, we are 2 to 3 hours apart. We don't have hourly jobs with set hours. So I am extremely grateful whenever we get together.

As my birthdays mount and our clan becomes larger our gatherings are all the more special. I am humbled that the kids and grandkids want to get together with us and each other. I have ministered to many families that are not able to get together for a variety of reasons and some that do not deisre to get together.

So my highlights included every time we got together and especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I loved every minute of those times. The laughs, the sounds of my grandkids, the smiles, the hugs, the food and just being in the presence of people I dearly love and who appear to love me as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home