Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2010 Highlights ...

As I look back on 2010 the greatest area of personal growth in my spiritual life happened on Tuesdays. I started the year by encourages the church to come and have some special times of prayer on Tuesdays throughout the year. There were 3 specific times announced that people were encouraged to come and pray for a little while or the whole time. They were 6:30-7:30 am, noon-1:00pm and 5:30-6:30pm. We took a room that was being used to store some stuff, cleaned it out and called it the prayer room. Every week I created a Prayer guide with praises and requests from our church, community and around the world. There were papers that people could fill out with additional requests or praises. We announced it every week and made sure the church was open and the room available every Tuesday.

What happened was that only a handful of people ever came to pray. After several months I quit announcing it every week but continued to create the prayer guide and I continued to come in at 6:30am every Tuesday that was in town. Somewhere around September it dawned on me that though the church had not responded to this plea for prayer it was changing me. I still don't know if the main reason the Lord prompted me to encourage the church for this special time of prayer was just for me or not. But I do know that it changed me. My prayer life increased several times over this past year.

So what was at one point very discouraging and frustrating to me is now a highlight from this past year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home