Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So Close ...

This was a very exciting morning. Any day that I awaken and can fog a mirror is an exciting, although to awaken and be with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for eternity would be the most exciting morning, but that is way more philosophical and theological than what I was thinking about this morning.

This morning was exciting because I came really close. I mean really, really close. I just missed a personal goal that I began pursuing in earnest 6 or 7 months ago. The goal is to get my weight below 200. I haven't been there in, well a really, really long time. I am now about 2 pounds from my goal. I made myself the challenge to do this last fall, but didn't begin working on it until the end of January this year. At the end of volleyball season last year in a wrap up meeting with my team I told them that I was committing to getting my weight below 200 for this volleyball season. I then I asked them what they were going to commit to for the next season and what sacrifice they were willing to pursue for the team?

When I made the statement to my girls I thought I weighed around 230, but when I finally got around to working on the weight loss I was all the way up to 241. Ouch!!!

This morning I was 201.2. Not quite ready for a drum roll and victory celebration but a lot closer than I was 6 months ago. I feel better, I on the smallest hole on my belt ( I was about to move to the biggest one before I started to work on my weight.), I got a pair of shorts the other day that were 4 inches smaller around the waist than a pair I got last summer and I am going to enjoy giving my true weight when I get my drivers license renewed soon.

So close ... I'll let you know when I hit the goal.

Here's hoping you are working toward something significant and can enourage someone else on your journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home