Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Refresh ...

Starting tonight my wife and I are going on vacation! In fact it will be the longest one we have done in many, many years, it will be officially 2 weeks. We will be back in town 2 or 3 times during those 2 weeks, but it is 2 weeks of vacation. We will be camping for 9 or 10 of the days. Looking forward to the fishing, the reading and especially the time with my wife. After nearly 34 years (on Aug. 9 it will be 34 years), we still love to spend time together, especially just the two of us. How cool is that?

We will get to see all of our kids and grandkids for a double birthday celebration near the end of the 2 weeks. That is always a blast. I am so thankful that our family enjoys getting together and that we get along so well.

I am trying to remember the last time I missed 2 Sundays in a row, evidently it has been a while. Shame on me. I am looking forward to the relaxation, but I am also looking forward to the refreshment. I plan on spending a good deal of time reading the Bible, listening to the Lord and looking ahead to the next steps in my life and ministry.

I am looking forward to lots of fishing, lots of games to be played, great camp food (but not too much of it, I am 9 or 10 pounds away from goal for weight loss) and just plain being lazy. I am looking forward to some bike rides and walks on the trails hand in hand with my wife. I am looking forward to just being away.

Don't know when the next time is that I will be able to access the internet, so it may be a while before I post again. So have fun and we will chat again, but not too soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home