Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What Will Your Legacy Be ...?

The 96 year old that I referenced last week passed away late Monday evening. The funeral will be Thursday. I have had the opportunity to speak with family members and observe them at the funeral home during visitation. What a legacy this dear lady left for her family, and all who knew her. I always consider it a real privilege to do a funeral and especially to sit with family members and get them to share about their loved one. It gives me great insights into who the person was and the legacy they have left behind.

This lady left a very meaningful legacy, not just for her children but also for her grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. I have heard testimonies of her influence and impact from 3 of the 4 generations that she leaves behind. The 4th generation, the great great grandchildren, are a bit too young to tell me much at this time but I am sure they will hear stories that will influence them as well.

All of this got me to thinking, what will my legacy be? Since I am thinking about it, let me ask you what will your legacy be? The good news is that if you are reading this you still have the opportunity to change, or enhance, your legacy. We can choose to be more loving, to be kinder to all people, to be a cheerleader to those around us, to be less critical, to be joyfu, to laugh often and enjoy life, to live for the Lord and share him with others. These are just a few examples of areas we can focus on that will have a lasting impact on those in our spheres of influence.

So what will it be? Any changes that you need to make to enhance, or change, your legacy? Remember, it is not too late, let's do something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home