Sunday, October 29, 2006

Let' Give it up for the Clock ...

As a pastor I am not always a fan of the clock. So often I see people checking their watches, or turning to see a clock, during a sermon. By now I have gotten used to this and am rarely offended by it, it is when they start to get out their calendar that I get annoyed. (As in this service has lasted so long I want to see what day it is.) But today I have to give it up for the clock.

Today is the day that we turn our clocks back 1 hour. You know, spring ahead in the spring and fall back in the fall. It is part of all that daylight savings time junk. The reason I am so clock friendly today is that my congregation was on time today. They were not only on time, they were early! For those of you who don't know where I am that is a huge deal. Usually I am hoping they just won't be too late, let alone be on time. But today it was 5 minutes before the start of worship and viritually everyone was there and seated. There was this uneasy feeling that we were late in getting started. Afterward I heard from most families that they forgot about the time change and were up an hour earlier than they needed to be today. In fact one man came an hour early without realizing the time change.

It was wonderful. So today I give the clock it's props. Do you think we could do this 1 hour back thing every week? For a month maybe? Oh well, at least I enjoyed it for day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home