Sunday, August 08, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow marks our 35th wedding anniversary! Wow! What stands out most to me is that I cannot believe it has been that long. I am thrilled and in awe that our marriage is much better today than it was in the beginning. I am more in love with my wife now than I was then, and I thought I was as in love as was humanly possible when we got married. God created the concept of marriage and I say a loud and enthusiastic "YEAH GOD!"

It has not all been easy, in fact not much of it has been easy but that is one of the reasons it is so awesome. We have worked at our marriage and our love. We realize that you cannot take each other or the marriage for granted. We have been blessed much more than I deserve.

My wife is beautiful, talented and one of the hardest working people I know. She was my biggest supporter when I was a public school teacher and coach. She is my partner in ministry, a true support, work alongside partner. Since I am doing some coaching again she is right there supporting and encouraging. Ask the my volleyball girls, they when she is present and when she is absent from our matches. They don't know it but she prays for them regularly as well as yells for them. She laughs at my jokes, even my corny ones. She is an incredible mother and wonderful grandmother. She is always seeking to grow in her relationship with Jesus. She loves when I grill our meals (okay I am not sure if that one is because she supports me or because she likes that she doesn't have to cook when I grill).

We have been blessed with 3 outstanding children. They all love the Lord and are active in their churches serving the Lord. We have been blessed with 2 tremendous kids-in-law, our kids made great choices. We have been blessed with 6 (soon to be 7) of the greatest grandkids in the universe. We have been blessed to serve some of the greatest people in the world in the churches we have pastored. Most of all we have been blessed by the love and grace of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I have more to say, but not to all of you. Jody will receive a note just for her, if she chooses to share any of it with you that is her decision. We are going to get away for a couple of days after this morning's worship. Just time to be together. Jody doesn't know where we are going. Even after 35 years I still have a few surprises up my sleeve.

I am so fortunate and I just wanted to share some of that with you and to let the world (or at least the small portion of the world that reads my stuff) about my awesome wife.

Happy Anniversary honey, I love you more.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Tim Morris said...

That is really nice. Congratulations!
It is nice to read a happy note about marriage. Have a great celebration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home