Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Morning Musings ...

Yesterday was a good day. There was a great spirit as we moved into a time of prayer during worship. I continued the message series on "The Lies We Believe", using Titus 3:3-8 as the foundation. This week the lie we exposed was "That doesn't apply to me". This lie is so prevalent that many people are surprised to learn it is lie. You hear it all the time, sometimes from your own lips, you see and hear it in the media all the time. Anybody hear Tiger Woods interview? At least he now admits it was a lie.

The results of the lie include believing that the consequences of your choices don't apply to you. This is a very dangerous deception. It leads to risky living that hurts the person living it and all those connected to them. Believing this lie shows a lack of looking ahead to what's next. Example: a pig ate his fill of acorns under an oak tree and then started to root around the tree. A crow remarked, 'You should not do this. If you lay bare the roots, the tree will wither and die.' 'Let it die,' said the pig. 'Who cares as long as there are acorns?' It will always lead to disobedience of God, his Word and his will for your life.

Another result of this lie is believing that the promises don't apply to you. This is nearly as dangerous as not believing the consequences are for you. This causes you not to do what you know you should, that is disobedience as well. This result can cause you to give up emotionally, and believing this can lead to refrains such as "God doesn't love me", or "What does God have against me?"

The truth is that we all have sinned and all of God's word applies to us, see Romans 3:22-24. The truth is you are loved. You are special to God. it is obvious in his words, his look and his body language. Have you ever considered the look in God's eyes when he thinks of you? If you mention one of my children, my grandkids or my wife the look in my eyes and on my face will reveal to you that they are special to me and I love them. God has that look, it is even multiplied over my look, whenever He considers you. How awesome is that picture? God's body language was obvious when he willing went to the cross in your place. As for His words check out John 3:16-17 and John 23:33-34. The truth is you are not alone, God said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." The truth is all of God's provisions are available to you. You don't have to do this only in your own strength.

Have you believed this lie? Do you know someone who needs to know this truth? What will you do with this truth now?

P.S.
A shout out to my 5 year old granddaughter who is ahead of her father after 2 rounds in our family March Madness bracket contest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home