Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Musings ...

It is early Monday evening and I am at my District's annual Assembly and Missions Convetion. I am staying in a hotel for a couple of days and the internet in my room is not what they promised. So I am in their business center for a few minutes before I need to head back for the evening service.

Yesterday was a good, and not so good day.

The good included the spirit in our time of Worship. The good included good attendance and especially seeing 2 of the unsaved husbands who attended on Easter return to worship and the family that came on Easter because the kids come to our Wednesday night children's ministry returned as well. That is awesome! The good included the way people seemed engaged with the sermon. The message was from Colossians 1:24-2:5 and was on The Church. The church is defined in this passage as "his body", the body of Christ. Not a denomination, not a location, not a pastor, not an organization but those who belong to Christ. Then we dealt with 5 questions from the passage to consider about the church and our part in the church. I am operating without my notes or Bible in this business center. If I remember correctly the questions were Are you serving? What's best for the Body? Are you encouraging and united? Are you struggling? and I am drawing a blank on the fifth question.

I will try and share a little more about the message later this week, when my mind is not so fatiqued and I have my notes.

The good included a very good Missions Convention opening service in the evening. It was inspiring and encouraging.

The not so good included having to drive 2 hours Sunday afternoon to get here. The not so good included a few people who were absent that I am concerned about. The not so good included my Sunday School class that is just not working.

I am currently reading an outstanding book entitled "Leading on Empty". I really need this book right now. I am about half way through it and have found a lot insightful stuff. Much of it is painful to read and realize that it applies to me, but it is just what I need.

Here's hoping you have a great week. Here's hoping I can remember that fifth question. Here's hoping that the Ordination service tonight doesn't last 3 hours. Here's hoping the internet connection in my room improves. Here's hoping you find someone to encourage this week.

Here's to my beautiful wive, I miss not having her here with me. Can't wait to see her tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home