Friday, April 27, 2007

Ouch!

I survived the Donkey Basketball game (DBB from now on). I am sore in a lot of places. My back, right knee, right hip and shoulders are a little sore. Taking the garbage out to the curb this morning was a little more difficult than normal. My team won and my associate Pastor was on the other team so that made it even better. I scored a few baskets including the eventual winning shot. I missed several shots, hey you try shooting one handed while riding a twisting, bucking, stinking donkey!

Good news, I didn't get kicked (close calls not withstanding), I avoided all donkey poop, I didn't have to scoop any poop, I didn't get throwed to the floor (several others did), there was a big crowd (maybe that isn't such a good thing) and my team won.

Bad news, those little critters are not easy to get and stay on, at least not when you are trying to play basketball, I am sore and well I think that is all the bad news for now, as the day wears on I might feel some more bad news.

I want to say that some of the "riders", and I use that term loosely, were big chickens. I also must confess that I did not end up with any of the most difficult donkeys. There were 3 or 4 who kicked and bucked most of the time whenever someone tried to get on them (wouldn't you?). Some gave me a hard time for not trying those donkeys, I prefer to think of it as being intelligent. There was much laughter, mainly from the watching crowd. I will confess that playing DBB is much harder physcially than I imagined. I was gassed when it finished. Tugging those beasts around when going after loose balls, trying to ride and stay on, trying to avoid being kicked and then trying to defend, pass, catch passes and shoot while doing all of this was tiring.

Money was raised for the community, people got to laugh at me (hey I am used to that one) and I met some new people.

Here's hoping my soreness gets better as the day wears on. Here's hoping people were entertained. Here's hoping you feel better than I do today. Here's hoping you get a chance to play DBB sometime in the future and that get to laugh at, I mean cheer you on.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kindra said...

Wow....I just don't even know what to say about that. I mean what comment do you make about Donkey Basketball? Umm.....eww?

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Rob said...

You SO have to post some pictures of this event for us.....I'd imagine it could possibly top LeVan's shot from the fantasy baseball site!!!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger kris said...

Good work dad, you made the family proud! You do need pictures though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home