Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Reflections on 2011 ...

I began some reflections on 2011 a couple of days ago with some good things, so I will list some not so good things as well.


Not so good things:

I didn't lose the weight I hoped to in 2011.

I am grieving with several families who lost loved ones this past year. Especially the Haines/Summersett families in the loss of Nicki. A 29 year old wife and mother of 2 little ones. She was one of my youngest daughter's best friends when I pastored in their town. She was a strong believer and is rejoicing with Jesus now. However, the human grief is difficult.

The bulging discs in my back didn't get better this year. However, I am learning to live with them and determined not to let it impact me if I can help it.

Our church grew, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I am speaking of spiritual growth and numerical growth. The spiritual growth can be difficult to measure but there are ways. Don't get me wrong there was growth in the spiritual area, I would just like to see a lot more tangible results from the growth. In fact is there much spiritual growth if there is no tangible evidence?

Our community is still grieving and in limbo over 3 young brothers who disappeared more than a year ago. Praying for answers.

Grieving over some marriages that ended this year. My heart aches for the couples and for the children involved.

There are more good things to reflect on and I will share some more in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home