Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Love Story continued ...

I want to interrupt this series for a day. Well I am not going away from the love story, I am just posting something about the present and interrupting the telling of how we got here. Don't worry I will go back to the place I left you in the story.

After 35+ years I still love being with my wife. I mean I really love being with her, no matter where we are and what we are doing. Don't get me wrong there some things I still don't enjoy after all these years, such as shopping or watching the Bachelor. But I love her and being with her so there are times we go shopping together (she will tell you if she is seriously shopping she prefers that I don't come along) and I even watch some HGTV stuff with her.

This past week we were able to be together for 4 days away. It wasn't a vacation or getaway. It was a church conference. It was an outstanding conference and it was made even better because we shared it together. I know that is not always possible, but when it is I love it. You see we had nearly 6 hours of travel to and from the conference. That was 12 uninterrupted time together. We talked, we sang a little, we laughed, we dreamed and shared. She slept and read some while I drove, but we were together. I have learned not to take being together for granted. We also ate 3 meals a day together, that doesn't happen at home many days. We walked to and from the convention center together, there are many days at home we don't walk together. We sat in worship services together, we never get to do that at home, because she is not comfortable sitting beside me on the platform while I preach. Go figure.

Take time to be together when possible. There are enough things that will prevent it often, so when possible get together. Cherish the little things, that really aren't so little, such as sitting together in worship, taking a walk together, talking while you drive somewhere and enjoying a meal together.

Now I will return to the story, thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home