Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Thankful ...

There are many for which I am thankful. Today I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving for my children. They are great, not perfect, but great. They are much more than I deserve, and my wife is a major reason my kids are so great. I think I have had some positive impact on them, but I readily admit they are better than I deserve.

I have three children that I helped raise and two who married in and I consider them my children as well. My thoughts today are about all five of them. (The six, soon to seven, grandchildren are a whole other issue they never fail to make me proud.)

I am thankful for their love for Jesus. I am thankful that they are all compassionate people often doing things for others. I am thankful that still put up with me. I am thankful that they are hardworking. I am thankful that they are serving the Lord no matter what their chosen profession may be. I am thankful that love to laugh and have fun. I am thankful that they understand joy and pain. I am thankful that they enjoy having Mom and Dad around (at least they act like they enjoy it). I am thankful that they question the status quo. I am thankful that they love each other. I am thankful that they are my children.

I am thankful, enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home