Thursday, May 05, 2011

Random Thoughts ...

I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I came out to the family room, prayed for several people, started the coffee, fired up the computer and now I have Mike and Mike on for my listening pleasure as well.

*I am hopeful that we have finally turned the corner and spring is here. There is just something wrong with having your heat on in May and people bundling up to mow their lawn.

*I am burdened to see the church be the church in working together to reach the lost and care for people.

*I don't think I have ever had a period of ministry as confusing as this time.

*I am blessed in more ways than I can possibly list, but I will list some...My beautiful wife of over 35 years...Children who are passionately serving the Lord and helping people...I have a place to sleep, clothes to wear, food to eat and a care to drive...6 (soon to be 7) grandchildren who bring me great joy...I get to coach some of the greatest high school girls around...I am forgiven...Grace is grace...I get to preach God's Word every week...I have a great heritage...

*I don't understand people who claim to be followers of Christ but don't serve.

*What's up with baseball this year? Cleveland and Kansas City lead their division, Jeter can't hit, the Dodgers can't make payroll, and Liriano throws a no hitter with a 9+ E.R.A.?

*I am desperate to see people passionate about following Christ.

*I am weary of casual Christians. In fact I believe the term "casual Christian" is an oxymoron.

*I love good coffee.

*I hear birds singing this morning, the sun is shining and I really hope I can turn off the furnace today.

*I need to get moving into the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home